2/06/2016

// First impression: Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit

Hi, hey, hello Internet.

I'm back again. Well, for a while.
School is just very time and life consuming at the moment that's why I haven't posted for what felt like ages. But on the bright side: there are only like 6 weeks of school left. And like 8 until my exams. But I promise, once they are done I'm going to post regularly. (I know I said that before but you know, school is my number one priority at the moment.)

You guys probably know about my obsession with makeup so you won't be surprised if I told you that I bought quite a lot of new stuff during my absence. And I got some makeup for Christmas as well. Like the ABH Self-Made eyeshadow palette. Yes, I cried. :D

But today I want to tell you about the Anastasia Beverly Hills contour kits which I ordered about a week ago and received them after only 6 days. Well, it would've been 4 days but there was a weekend and concerning that it has been only 4 days, it was here faster than the shop, beautybay, said on their website. Thumbs up for that!
I also ordered the Dipbrow Pomade and the eyebrow brush (but there's going to be another post about that).



I got the cream contour kit in Fair, the lightest one, as highlighters so far never really worked on me and I can tell, this kit is the answer to all my prayers.



I tried it for the first time the other day and this cream contour kit is my holy grail already. I always wanted to try cream so seeing an ABH kit suitable for my skin tone was freaking awesome and I actually didn't mind spending 46€ on it. And I usually regret buying more makeup really fast haha
The highlighters really DO highlight my face. They make your cheekbones, bridge of the nose and forehead pop! The contour shades are a bit more ashy than in other contour kits and that's just another pro if you're looking for other arguments.
They also blend in so easily!
The only thing I don't really get is the "white highlighter" in the middle.
Whereas the other shades, contour and highlight, are richly pigmented, this is just like... nothing. It actually makes your cheeks or nose look wet. 
But 5 out of 6 shades are awesome anyway and I recommend this to everyone who wants a great cream contour kit.


Highlighters (left to right): Soft Light, Lustre, Fair 
Contour shades (left to right): Fawn, Shadow, Mink 





The powder contour kit was 46€ as well and I got it in case I wouldn't be able to handle cream contour.
And also because I wanted something different for my everyday contour.
I've been using my smashbox contour kit for almost one year now and yeah... I got tired of it so I needed something new.
The powders blend in perfectly and they're just as richly pigmented as the ones in the other kit.
I don't regret buying this one as well and if you prefer contouring using powders, you should definitely get one of these.


Highlighters (left to right): Vanilla, Banana, Sand
Contour shades (left to right): Java, Fawn, Havana


X

1 Kommentar:

  1. Okay gib mir dein Englisch haha bin auch am überlegen ob ich mir die holen soll bin mir aber noch zu geizig :(

    AntwortenLöschen